If your home is old, chances are your home’s wiring is out of date and may not be prepared to handle modern demands on electricity. If you commonly experience the following symptoms it may be time to rewire your home:
Those symptoms put both you and your family at risk. Old or faulty wiring can lead to fire or electrocution. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, incorrectly installed and faulty wiring causes more than 33% of residential electrical fires in 2008. It’s important to detect problems early and address them before they lead to a more serious issue.
At Preston Link Electric we use infrared cameras to locate potential problems like electrical shorts, overheating, and bad wiring connections. This allows us to address the problem areas and make repairs that will keep both you and your family safe.
Old and faulty wiring can pose a real danger to your home and to your family. If your home is old and the electricity isn’t working as it should, give us a call. We can diagnose the problem, make simple repairs, and make sure that your home is up to code and safe for you and your family.